- Flipkart acquired eBay India’s business and received a funding of $1.4bn from China’s telecom major Tencent($700mn), Microsoft($200mn) and eBay Inc($500mn). This is the highest ever funding acquired by an Indian Startup.This takes Flipkart’s overall valuation to $11.6bn. Although Flipkart acquired eBay but eBay.in will function as an independent entity. With Snapdeal is also going to merge with Flipkart in coming days, it will be a battle of Amazon vs Flipkart. Who do you support? Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal does not enjoy Billionaire status anymore after Flipkart’s current valuation at $11.6bn.
2.Flipkart and Micromax will jointly develop mobile phones in the range of ₹6000 – ₹12000. Phones will be known as Evok.
3. BSNL is coming up with some cool and exciting offers for its new customers. BSNL is offering 300GB of data with ₹249 and unlimited calling for first 6 months, After 6 months plan will be migrated to high rate.
4. Ten Popular startups funded by Great Ratan Tata – Paytm, Ola, Xiomi, Snapdeal, Zivame, Urban Ladder, Cashkaro, Urban Clap, Lenskart, Cardekho
5. Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro is available for sale on Amazon at₹27,990
6. Amazon India and Kabir Khan will together produce a series on Subash Chandra Bose
7. Snapdeal founders assured their employees about job security amidst merger talks
8. Vivo partnered up with Flipkart to sell it’s limited edition V5Plus IPL smartphone